Design a Website with HTML
As much as every business requires a website, it is one tedious task to accomplish making it. The websites are basically designed using HTML, CSS and JAVA Script. It is one lengthy process that takes at least a day’s time for a professional developer to design a website and make it live. And this would happen only if your designer is extremely excellent and experienced which means you are ending up paying a bulk amount. We would, in this article understand both a new trend of building a website and a traditional form of it.
Unlike before there are various platforms for building a website such as dreamweaver, Notepad, Notepad ++, on a Max you would use a texteditor and what not. However, all of these are considered as the traditional website designing platforms.
Also Read: Why are Landing Pages Important?
To build a website on HTML you need to have a Notepad, Notepad++, Dreamweaver, or if you are using a mac book then you can create it in text editor. Let’s do it step by step now.
Steps to Build a Website on HTML
- Open Notepad or Text Editor.
- Type <!Doctype HTML> then press enter. Now, type <html> and press enter button again. Type <head> and then again enter button.
- Now it’s time to give a tab title to your page. So, type <title>My page name</title>. Remember you need to open the tab for each section and close it too. Now, that you have already finished the head of the design you need to close head tab by typing </head>. Every tab is closed with a slash in the format used above.
- Now starts the body of your webpage. So, just below the closed head tab, start with <body> tab.
- You would add headings to each phase. So, type <h1> your heading here </h1> and then close the heading tab. This is how every heading will be given a number such as <h1>, <h2>……<h6>; and remember where each of your headlines is closing you need to close the tab with </h1>, </h2> and so on.
- When you have to add a paragraph you this is how you code it <p>my paragraph here</p> and once the content is added you close it with the </p>. For your information, all the content used is just examples. You will have to add your content in each of it.
- You might also want to change the font style, colour and so on about your fonts. Here is a how you do it. < font style= “Calibri” ; font colour= “blue”; font size= “20”>.
The process would just go on and on. Isn’t it time consuming for you if you just want to get started with your website? Therefore, you might want a quick solution. (Click here for a quick website layout)
All these platforms use HTML, CSS, JAVA Script and other scripting languages to develop a complete website and then you test and try it on the domain. All these process would take no less than 4 days to a week’s time to make it live; to top it all it does cost you a lot. What if I say there are ready-to-use website layouts that you can make in just few minutes and make it live with minor changes that can be done by a fresher developer as well? Surprised? Don’t be! (Check out how to design a quick website here)
Since every small scale and large scale businesses require a website with the least budget possible, most of the development companies have come-up with the drag and drop interface platform for the clients to make a website in just an hour and make it live. How is that possible? (Click here to see the quick website developer) Well, these website development companies have created a huge number of layouts with different themes for various industries such as automobiles, grocery stores, restaurants, and a lot more.
Also Read: Importance of Landing Pages?
So, how do these platforms work? Well, from the range of website layouts all you need to do is select whatever theme suites your business and start picking up from the numerous components such as home page, about page, gallery and so on, and drop it in your website. However, in case you want a little change in the coding you would still have an option to do so. You can change any code smartly as per your need and use it as the final product. (See here how you can create a website in just one go). It is as simple as a cake walk where you need not be a designer yourself. All you need to have is a little knowledge on presentation.
Well, in this fast paced world you might not want to waste your time and switch to the quick solutions. Not every shortcut is bad. So, explore the new trending website creators. (Try a free sample of website layout designer here)
Also Read: What is CTA Landing Pages?